Thursday, May 17, 2007

Musical Interlude

Lest you think my hedonistic lifestyle is limited to culinary indulgences, here are some audio and visual indulgences I have enjoyed recently (or will be enjoying soon):

As previously mentioned, BM and I went to the Modernism show at the Corcoran. As I was trained in the Bauhaus tradition, this show felt like home. Lots of clean lines and open spaces. They were playing Erik Satie and had works by Laszlo Moholy Nage. The show was broken down into geographic regions and it was interesting to see how Modernism played out historically in difference places (and political climates.) And as an added bonus, BM was able to translate the Russian stuff!

Mom and I went to all sorts of interesting places in Chicago including the International Museum of Surgical Science (we had to the place to ourselves, surprise, surprise) and the Lincoln Park Conservatory
We went to see the Blue Man Group (and much to my chagrin, ended up being IN the show…) We had a Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues (Praise Jesus and Pass the Biscuits!) and saw very large art being installed at Millennium Park.

Back in DC I saw the Asylum Street Spankers (bawdy bluegrass) at Iota and Son Volt at the 930 Club.

I have plans to see the movie Waitress, I was graciously gifted tickets to see the National Philharmonic play Bach’s Mass in B Minor at the Strathmore, am going to see the comic Steven Wright (Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?) with AD, and have Smithsonian tickets to hear the Preservation Hall Jazz Band.

I want to see Peter & Wendy at the Arena Stage, The Polyphonic Spree at 930, Bodies..The Exhibition, and Rasputina in Baltimore. Wanna come?

It’s a wonder I have time to eat at all…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home